Introducing Plan Toys wooden toys | Plan Toys AustraliaBy Ian Allan
Plan Toys is an eco-friendly and ethical Toy Company based in Thailand.
Looking for Plan Toys in Australia? Read on…
The Plan Toys company treat the environment well, they treat their staff well, and they make the most beautiful wooden toys. We are so happy to stock Plan Toys!
All Plan Toys are made from reclaimed rubber woods. The types of toys that Plan Toys make are especially important during a child’s first five formative years.
The Plan Toys company is actively conscious its social and environmental responsibilities in every step of its production line. It has three pillars to its business.
Plan Toys three pillars of business
Pillar 1: Sustainable Material
- All Plan Toys are made from rubber trees that no longer produce latex. No chemicals are used. Even soil fertilising is stopped for three years prior to harvesting the tree. The rubber wood is chemically-free kiln dried.
- Water-based colours that are safe-for-children are used to colour all toys.
- Plan Toys use a certified E-Zero formaldehyde-free wood glue.
- Many of their toy components are made from Planwood. Planwood is waste sawdust and wood chips from other parts of the toy manufacturing process. The wood chips are ground and then formed into a shape using thermal processes.
- All printing is done on recycled paper using soy ink. Soy ink is more readily biodegradable than chemical inks.
Pillar 2: Sustainable Manufacturing
- The Plan Toys factory uses a mix of solar energy and bio-fuels (including wood waste from the factory). This energy heats the kiln-driers for both the raw wood and the finished toys. Local villages also receive energy produced by the plant.
- They also have an ongoing reforestation program, and in 2017 they planted 3900 trees. Also, in one of their sponsored programs, over 50,000 trees have been planted in Thailand’s Chaiyaphum province.
Pillar 3: Mind
- Plan Toys exceed ASTM (US) and EN71 (European) toy safety standards.
- Plan Toy have the following ethical and environmental certifications:
- OHSAS 18001 certified. This means that both office and factory work environments meet international OH&S standards.
- ISO 14001 certified. This is an international environmental standard.
- SA 8000 certified. This is a Social Accountability certification that includes components such as health and safety, working hours, child labor, forced labor, discrimination, freedom of association and collective bargaining, wages and discipline.
Plan Toys Australia? See our full range here.
See our full range of Wooden Toys here
See our full range of Musical Toys here.